Yesterday, I talked about 1 Simple Step That Can Save Your Life, now what?
A walk with God is not this burdensome path up the highest mountain you can think of, God wants you to be happy. God knows we are human and knowing us better than anyone, since He did create us. He made it as simple, for us, as possible.
Here are some ways, that have made my walk with Jesus and God, not such an ordeal, but the joyous, full of blessings journey, He intended it to be.
1. Accept Jesus as my Lord and Saviour. I explained how simple that was yesterday in 1 Simple Step. Here’s what God’s words says about this: “That if they shalt confess with thy mouth The Lord Jesus and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.” Romans 10:9 His Word also says that there is no way to the Father except through the Son.
2. Pray/Talk to God. Prayer and talking to God is a big part of getting to know yourself better and God. He loves hearing from us. Tell Him everything, He already knows it because He knows our thoughts before we have them, so we don’t have to hold back. He loves us so much that even when we don’t know what or how to pray for something His Holy Spirit that lives within us prays for us. Now, that’s love.
3. Read my Bible. It is God talking to you. It’s not some secret map that we need a decoder ring to decipher. God will reveal to us what He wants us to learn, as He knows we are ready to learn it. Don’t rely on what someone tells you it says or what verses mean. God will do that the more we read our Bible.
4. Remember no matter what you do, there is nothing that can separate you from God’s Love or you. I mess up daily. I use to feel like such a failure, that God was just going to give up on me and He should, what a mess. I was hopeless. Try as I might I’d always mess up. But His word says, “For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 8:38-39
5. Let God guide you. Don’t ever let anyone tell you how you should love, serve, listen, pray, follow, believe, etc, in God. He will lead you the way He wants you to go. Follow that, all of our walks with God are unique. Follow the walk He wants you to take, the way He wants you to take it, not the way anyone else wants or thinks you should.
So, once again, easy, simple things. I pray, you found something that might help you get closer to God because He is close to you, waiting for you.
** If you read this blog this is something you have seen before. I try to post it every now and then. **