*This was a post I wrote back on February 17, 2017 when the blog was new. I pray you enjoy it. :)
When Christians, say things like, “You should do this: insert judgement, chastising, sermon here ” or “God wants you to be this or that to be saved”….CRINGE. (exceptions: see footnote 1)
Really did God call you this morning and tell you that? lol :)
You might want to call Him back and ask Him how He feels about your judgement of His child.
While you’ve got Him on the line, ask Him how He feels about the stumbling block you just threw in front of His child, causing His child to feel unworthy or like they are a lost cause. Leaving them with the attitude of why bother. There’s no hope for me, why try. Instead of reassuring them of His unmeasurable love for them, and how nothing can separate them from that love.
Also ask Him how He feels about the splinter you’re plucking out of their eye, instead of worrying about the plank in your own eye.
Now obviously I am being a little sarcastic (maybe) but I literally cringe when I hear Christians who, I know with all my heart, think they are saving a soul, try to help God like this.
God doesn’t need our help. He created everything, pretty sure He can manage.
His Word says He wants us to love others so much that, like fiery embers falling on their heads, they will want that love also. That’s how we can help.
Through His word, He will convict them of what to do and not do. He promised He put His Word in our heads and hearts.
So, they already know what they should or shouldn’t do, they are already struggling.
We just have to love them, so much that they will want His love too.
God, His word and the Holy Spirit will do the rest.
My non-Christian friends, when greeted in this way by my Christian friends, usually respond with, if that’s your God, I don’t want anything to do with it….cringe
Instead of the love God wanted them to feel from that Christian, they felt the exact opposite.
As good as that Christian’s intentions were, what’s the saying, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
God Bless you :)
(1)Unless they are saying to believe Jesus is your Saviour, He died for your sins, and rose again. Love God with all your heart and soul, and love your neighbor, then disregard the rest of my post.
I can hardly believe it is October already. Gail over at gaillovesgodtagged me with The Fall Tag.Gail is a wonderful child of God, and you will see that with every word that she writes. If you haven’t visited Gail’s blog, please do. You won’t be disappointed. So let’s get started…..
Rules: Put the tag badge and rules in your post. Answer the 10 fall-related questions. Tag at least 5 other bloggers to join in the fun!
1. What’s your favorite fall outfit? Jeans, sweater, and boots :) or turtle neck and a duster sweater
2. What is fall weather like where you live? We usually have a cold snap in October, but then it gets warmer again.
3. Your favorite drink to have in the fall? I love coffee, so it’s my favourite all year :)
4. Does your family have any fall traditions? No
5. What are some activities and events you enjoy going to in the fall months? I don’t really have anything special. :)
6. What’s your favorite fall-scented candle? Is vanilla a fall scent? if it is then anything with vanilla :)
7. Tell us about one of your favorite fall memories. I already made this comment somewhere but raking up leaves and jumping in them. (Gail I think we both enjoyed this one)
8. What are some fall movies you enjoy watching? Nothing special comes to mind.
9. What’s your favorite fall treat? Rice crispy treats :) These can be eaten year round but seems as kids they were reserved for fall.
10. If you celebrated Halloween, what’s the best costume you’ve worn? I don’t celebrate Halloween :)
Looking back at my answers, I’m pretty boring hahaha ;):)
Thank you again Gail for thinking of me and tagging me. I tag anyone who wants to participate :)